Pregnancy is a magical journey that brings joy, excitement, and a whole new set of experiences. While pregnancy can be both thrilling and challenging, there are several pregnancy hacks that Indian moms have passed down through generations to make this journey smoother and more enjoyable. Let's explore some of these time-tested tips that will help you embrace motherhood with confidence and ease.
Here are some symptoms that you can look out for:
- Pain or Burning while urinating : A common symptom of UTIs is experiencing pain or a burning sensation while urinating.
- Frequent Urination : The urge to pee often and passing small amounts of urine can be symptoms of an UTI.
- Cloudy Urine : Urine that is cloudy, foul-smelling, or contains blood can be a symptom of a UTI.
- Lower Back Pain : The irritation from UTIs can cause pain in your lower abdomen and lower back, and it might make you feel like urinating often.
Some factors that might increase your risk of getting a UTI are:
- Female anatomy : Women have a smaller urethra than men do. Hence,there is a smaller distance for bacteria to travel to reach the bladder, which increases the risk of a UTI.
- Sexual activity : Sexual intercourse can also affect your risk of getting a UTI.
- Birth control : Using diaphragms as birth control might increase the risk of UTIs.
- Menopause : Women who have experienced menopause experience changes in the lining of the vagina and lose the protection that estrogen hormones provide against UTIs.
Prevention is better than cure
Fortunately, there are practical steps you can take to reduce the risk of UTIs:
- Stay Hydrated : Drink a lot of water to flush out bacteria from your urinary system.
- Try Cranberry Juice : Cranberries are a traditional home remedy for preventing UTIs. If you want to eat cranberries, choose unsweetened pure cranberry juice. Cranberries can also be eaten fresh or frozen.
- Avoid Irritants : Minimize the use of harsh soaps, perfumes, or douches in the genital area, as they may disrupt the natural balance and increase the risk of infection.
- Choose the Right Sanitary Napkins : Opt for high-quality sanitary napkins like Niine, which are designed with women's health in mind. They are made from soft and breathable materials, reducing the risk of irritation and infection.
- Avoid Holding Your Pee : Don't hold in urine for extended periods; empty your bladder when you feel the need.
- Empty Your Bladder Soon After Having Sex : Empty your bladder soon after sex - also drink a glass of water to flush out bacteria.
When to Seek Medical Help:
While UTIs can sometimes resolve on their own,consult a healthcare professional if you experience persistent symptoms. A simple urine test can confirm the presence of an infection, and your doctor may prescribe antibiotics if needed.
Urinary Tract Infections are a common health concern, but with the right knowledge and preventive measures, they can be managed effectively. At Niine India, we encourage every woman to prioritize her health and well-being. Remember,prevention is better than cure. Stay informed, stay healthy, and choose Niine for your menstrual hygiene needs—because your health matters!